Reguliersdwarsstraat nr. 42
1017 BM Amsterdam
- Exit Café is a gay bar in après ski style and is often crowded, as this is the only bar in the street which is open late into the night.
- Although there's a sing-a-long atmosphere, the music is mostly House and international pop music, instead of the expected après ski songs.
- If its not too crowded you can dance a little bit, as there are almost no seatings, but there's colorful terrace all the year round.
- The Exit Café is part of Club NYX, previously Club Exit.
|- Opening hours:
21.00 - 04.00
21.00 - 05.00
- Networks: Facebook
- Lost & Found: iLost
click the pictures to enlarge
- Accessibility: level access, toilet on ground floor, no smoking area
The Exit Café is located in the right corner of an historical building, which is a former coach house dating back to 1766. When the gay disco Exit
opened in this building in 1988, a first Exit Cafe was created in the left corner.
Later on the cafe was moved to the right corner and renamed The Duke. This was no succes, so within a year it got back its old name and the present-day apres-ski styled interior was built.
Due to a conflict between the owner, bar-tycoon Sjoerd Kooistra
, and the Heineken company, Exit Cafe was closed for the time being on April 6th, 2010. The bar was re-opened during Gay Pride 2011, keeping its old name and interior style.
- The illustrated history of Exit Cafe